German Language Course


As a DAAD scholarship holder, I am required to do German language course before my study begins.  Although I have lived in Germany before, but this requirement still applies.  But I got some tolerances.  Other PhD scholarship holders had to do it in Indonesia also, while I didn’t have to.  And then, others had to do 3-month German course in Germany, while I only got 2-month. 

But had lived in Germany doesn’t mean I can speak fluently.  In fact, that’s the most downside that I got: can’t speak local language.  Well how’s that not possible, my Masters study was in English and that was where I spent most of my times.  And after I left Germany, I never in a situation where I have to understand German.  So surely, after 3 years my German was completely gone…

My German language course books
And it’s not surprising that when I had to take placement test for the language course, I got A1 level!  First of all, the language school now is different than the one I had.  So, even though I passed A2 level from the previous school, it’s not acknowledged.  Many of my friends surprised to know that I am in level A1 now, but actually there’s A0 level!!!  So I am not that bad…

My new language school is called Carl Duisberg Centren.  The thing that I like the most is they teach creatively.  With a lot of games and practices, so I don’t have to get stuck a lot with grammar.  But of course, I think practicing outside the school will improved my skill.  Sooo… I have to start talking German now… 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really recommend the language school speakeasysprachzeug in berlin, they really helped me alot to improve my language skills.