New Debit Card System


As always, the ATM card is also a debit card which one can use for purchasing something.  But now I realized there’s a ‘difference’ in the use of ATM/ debit card. 

Three years ago when I used my debit card for purchasing something, for example in a supermarket, I need to enter my PIN to a card machine.  Nowadays, I will get the print out of the transaction and I have to sign it.  (This print out system is used for credit card transaction).

Another thing, three years ago I can used the debit card for internet transaction.  But nowadays, it’s not possible.  Well at least, all sites that I have visited couldn’t take debit card.  This is very silly, because it means one must have at least one debit card and one credit card.  It so impractical, and having credit card is, of course, more costly considering the annual fee etc.  Weird…

I don’t know why they change the system, maybe there was a big scam that made them changed. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In Chile a few years ago we used to have the 'sign the printed paper' system, but then we moved onto the system where you enter a secret number in a special machine.

It seems these crazy Germans don't like convenience at all...

asti said...

Well now I realized that there're few places that ask for the PIN number. So it's not the same everywhere... weird!