Graduation







Actually it’s not common to have graduation ceremony in Germany, but since majority of my class is foreigners, having graduation ceremony is necessary. With a ceremony, we will leave Germany with nice memories; beside, the ceremony also acts as a farewell party. It’s nice to see most of the classmates in one place again before we all get separated.

The ceremony is far from formal. It opens with a talk from the head of the Master study saying how nice our class was. Then it followed by distributing our certificates. Each person is called to receive the certificate and a rose. After this, it’s party time. We’re free for chatting, taking pictures, drinking, eating, whatever…


Most common topic is ‘what will you do after this’; and if one’s plan could cross with anybody else, the two make a promise to meet again. I feel sad to say goodbye to my classmates without knowing when we can meet again. But there’s a German proverb that says “People meet twice in life”; so I hope I can meet all my classmates again someday…

No comments: